3.09.2007

Normal

Besides the quip that goes 'normal is that half way point between what you want and what you're going to get' just what is normal? And why do the masses confuse normal with the statistically typical?

My mom started this you know.... when she said, if everyone else was jumping off a bridge would you do it to? No mom, of course not. But then again, now that I'm officially grown up, she says to me... by your age everyone has their career in hand, so it's time you had children, bought a home and settled down. Everyone??? or just because it's the statistically typical thing to do, I should be doing it? Yeah... that I think.

So here I am, stepping of that bridge... had the kid, managing the career and now... yeah, venturing forth into the dreaded process of buying a home. Yikes!

There's even a website now... for those of us normally challenged folks... www.isitnormal.com So you can indeed ask the question if something in your life is normal and get a pat answer. Ugh.

No comments: