5.28.2012

The Power

A few weeks ago, in a moment of mostly self-created despair, a wise man whom I've come to cherish as a  part of my life sent me these words:


Childlike innocence, care free laughter, sleep without interruption, a ray of sunshine, breathless in an intimate moment, the pureness of a rainbow, joy unhindered by the negative --- all things I admire so. Sad to think that life's darkness dulls such beauty. If I had the power...


First of all it was by far the single loveliest collection of words ever to appear in my boring old work email inbox. Secondly it left me momentarily speechless, which is not an easy thing to do. It sums up those things I hold dear to my heart and I love them so because when properly appreciated they hold the power to nourish one's soul.

I find myself coming back to that email, almost daily, these days.  It takes the ugly out of the world, even if for a brief moment in time.  It allows me that moment where I can escape the reality of another three months of hell for my youngest and makes the idea of an endless summer vacation for the oldest seem not quite so much like parental torture.

Thank you for that, my love, thank you for that. 



No comments: